Saturday, January 23, 2021

There's snow place like home.

       Light snow has been falling for 8 hours. The weather app on my phone predicts a few more hours of it. Sitting at my dining room table, as I look out the east windows of The Little House, snow drifts gently north carried on a breeze from the south. It reminds me of my privilege in neither needing to work outside nor travel.  Google found this "Koselig is a concept which is deeply rooted in our Norwegian culture. I would describe it as the feeling of coziness and being comfortable, but it often involves being in a social setting with others rather than being alone. It is about being content and creating a pleasant environment. It is about intimacy and warmth."   Trygve and I are koselig having each other for company, though he doesn't say much, making this monosyllabic introvert seem talkative. 

Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening

Robert FrostBy  

Whose woods these are I think I know.   
His house is in the village though;   
He will not see me stopping here   
To watch his woods fill up with snow.   

My little horse must think it queer   
To stop without a farmhouse near   
Between the woods and frozen lake   
The darkest evening of the year.   

He gives his harness bells a shake   
To ask if there is some mistake.   
The only other sound’s the sweep   
Of easy wind and downy flake.   

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   
But I have promises to keep,   
And miles to go before I sleep,   
And miles to go before I sleep.

   Too bad Frost didn't spend time on the prairie so we could have prairie poetry from him.

Takk for alt,

Al


                      Teachers lunch.




No comments: