Sunday, January 10, 2021

That's why!!!!!!!!!!

      With continued occupancy of The Little House, new window treatments seemed in order. My bedroom had ancient metal venetian blinds. There were translucent venetian blinds in the guest room. Go figure. The three windows in the living room/dining room had Roman shades through which one could see. In early September I measured carefully, sent off and order and a month later shades arrived. The measurement was for inside the frame but a molding was too wide, blocking the installation. The service person at the blind company said they would send external mount blinds.

      Several times I checked online and saw they were about to be shipped.  Then I forgot about them until Lisa asked one day. Online the site said they are about to be shipped and will arrive Oct. 30. This being late November it was time to call. Serious sleuthing surfaced a phone number and I called,  The person to whom I spoke said she'd checked and would email me. Two days later she emailed saying the manufacturer put them on hold because I have a post office box, though my street address was also listed. She said they will arrive in two weeks, which they did, mid-December.

     After spending a morning trying to mount one I called tech help. The upshot was that there was a decorative molding above the window that prevented use of the hanging bracket. He said that they would send shims but with the holidays it will take awhile. They arrived last week and now the new blinds are hung. 

     That's why I don't do home improvement projects. My learning? Go to store and have them do the installation.

Takk for alt,

Al

                                                   Before.
After.


No comments: