Wednesday, January 20, 2021

The Biden/Harris administration is sworn in today.

      With a new administration comes hope. What do I hope for? For starters, honesty. The last president is alleged to have told 30,000 lies. I hope Biden and Harris will speak the truth. Decency; I hope that this administration will be beacons of decency. With a change of tone in The White House, I hope bullying in society will decrease. Is it too much to hope that asylum seekers and refugees will be treated with compassion and kindness?  I hope that racial minorities will be accorded full inclusion in all facets of society. I hope that the United States will be an effective force in addressing climate change. With the ever expanding dichotomy in personal wealth in America I hope the government becomes a force for equalization. Human rights are under attack around the world and I hope America does what it can to bolster those rights. Relationships with our national allies have been damaged and I hope those connections are repaired. Too often policing has been unhelpful, I hope that the positive aspects of policing are enhanced and the irresponsible officers removed.  I hope that a new day of mutual respect will overcome some of the divisiveness in society. I hope there will renewed commitment of institutional respect for the laws of the land.

     That's a lot to hope for and obviously Biden/Harris can't do it all. I do hope that they set the tone and that millions of Americans join in creating a new day of positive endeavor.  What are your hopes?

Takk for alt,

Al


                  Young students line up as the school day begins.

No comments: