Sunday, May 10, 2020

Where's Al?

    Let's hope Lisa doesn't file a 'missing person' or 'geezer last seen" report. Traffic in Minneapolis and suburbs was light. The county roads never have much traffic and I couldn't see that there was much less today. News that farmers have much of their corn planted and are starting on beans awakened the latent farmer in me. Fields are dry? I could plant my corn?  Loaded with two weeks supply of food I headed west.
   First stop, as always, the cemetery.  Reuben has now joined Doris after 11 years of  his bereavement. They're only a few feet from Joanne. Readers may remember them both as my Luther League Advisors and landlords in my second year of college. It's always a good reminder to see my name in stone. Someday someone will look at our marker and say "he outlived her by....."  She should be here with me sitting in her brown Lazy-boy reading a good book.
    A small detour took me over Highway 81, now raised another thirty inches, it's the third raising. The first time I think it was five feet and the second ten. This should be the final becasue it is now above the level at which Lake Joanne flows into Lake Sinai.
    The furnace failed in The Little House On The Prairie last winter and some pipes froze. No serious damage and plumber Tom made the repairs a month ago. A HVAC company from Brookings fixed the furnace which is helpful...42 degrees outside at arrival.
   Serious plans to play in the dirt, except calling it dirt is a no no. It's properly called soil.  Just call me a man of the soil.

Takk for alt,

Al

View from the front steps of The Little House

No comments: