Monday, May 4, 2020

Blessings counted.

     When I'm surprised by my level of contentment and I drive down deeper into my situation it comes to privilege. Privilege that I'm safe, secure without concerns for my next meal, with a roof over my head and a bed in which to sleep. Immediate family near and extended scattered about I'm deeply connected.  Blessed with companionship and connection with others via phone, internet and mail isolation is not an issue. Possessing good eyesight and access to good books I have the leisure to read and reflect. 
    Of course I continue to miss Joanne but who can expect more than 55 years together? What we were and what we did together cannot be taken away. Frequently, now, we are doing normal things together in my dreams. Life is abundant and meaningful even in the land of grief. It was a great gift to partnered with someone as special as she and for that I'm grateful.
   Yes, indeed counting my blessings and this is just a start!

Takk for alt

Al


   Pandemic
     Quiet
     But worrisome
     Quiet out of place
     No planes
     No sounds from the schoolyard
     Just birdsong and the occasional bicycle bell
     It reminds me of the place I grew up
     Where you could hear a dog bark halfway across town
     A place I was glad to leave but carry within
     Returned to me now in the quiet that blankets all days

  (Author Unknown)

No comments: