Saturday, May 16, 2020

Adventures

     Tomorrow is the 17th of May, Norwegian Constitution Day...Syttende Mai. A couple of days ago an envelope appeared in my mailbox here in South Dakota. There is no door-to-door mail delivery in Sinai, the town which hosts The Little House On The Prairie. Because I have house in town I'm entitled to a free mailbox in the local post office. The envelope was addressed to:
                       Mr. Al Negstad
                                                "The Little House on the Prairie
                           Sinai, S.D. 57061
    I do have a box number, 34, but my name was was sufficient. The envelope contained a beautiful Syttende Mai card from Christoper and Karl. The card reproduces Christoper's watercolor "Norsk flagg og Blaveis."  Today FB announced that Karl did a tumble on a sidewalk..."uffda Karl."
     Perhaps you remember my local post office story of a few years ago. Visiting with the postmaster, now retired, I asked her if I should do a "temporarily away" form, as I was making my last visit of the season to Sinai. She said "No, if anything comes for you that looks important I'll tell your brother season, to Sinai. She said "No, if anything comes for you that looks important I'll tell your  brother."😃
    
     Subject. plowing:  It was a good decision to finish plowing yesterday. Today brought a beautiful, gentle rain of .75".  While I was plowing on one trip I didn't fully raise the back gang of the plow as I turned around the end. This left a neat 50' strip of sod turned 'black side' up. Turning 'green side up' was a good reminder of the weight of sod.

Takk for alt,

Al
Lake Joanne.

No comments: