Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Still standing but hoping for rain!


    One field is wet, one field is dry. Chopped the stalks on the dry field today. Dilemma? Before I can plow, the stalks on the wet field should be chopped so they don't plug the plow. If I chop them they will make a vegetative mat which will slow the drying. However, the standing stalks also prevent drying and the disturbance of chopping will do some to assist drying. 
    Fifty per cent chance of rain tomorrow. Rain would be a good opportunity to rest and do some things in the house.  Rain would give me another day to plan the next operation on the wet field. Let's all pray for rain.
    Sitting on the tractor the pandemic seems very remote. When the nearest person is a mile away it is serious social distancing! 
   Speaking of the pandemic Grace University Lutheran's daily blog had this post.

I wish you courage for the next step and the next.
I wish you peace in the middle of the storm.
I wish you unexpected joy,
Strength to see you through,
And a heart wide open to all the love surrounding you.


Lyrics and music by Barbara McAfee, the leader of Morningstar Singers,



Takk for alt,

Al

Prairie view.

No comments: