Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Patience is a virtue

   "Rain, rain go away come back again some other day."  This is a line I remember from my mother. Today, I headed to the field first thing in the morning thinking it'd disc them and be ready for planting Thursday before Friday's predicted rain. Field number one was a bit wetter than optimum but I pressed on. When that was finished I went to field number two. Way too wet!.  I had to detach the disc and pull it out with a chain. It wasn't a good drying day with intermittent mist showers. So, wait I will and I may as well wait here.
    The gift of internet and books accessible makes waiting very tolerable. An article in the Washington Post today told of persons who have gotten accustomed to quarantine who are now reluctant to go out. That's not my situation, yet, but for safety's sake I'll venture out very carefully and on a very limited basis. The Little House is comfortable and I can safely shelter here while I wait for dryer weather. It's another sign of how blessed I am that I have such options.

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: