Friday, April 3, 2020

Wondering and waiting.

     How are things with you is this time of suspended animation?  On a scale of 1 to 10, what is your anxiety level? Do you find yourself wondering or worrying? What do you fear? What are the losses of which you are conscious?  
    Campus Pastor Kristen Glass Perez puts our current situation in the context of grief.
"Recently, the Harvard Business Review published an article describing the collective experience of the coronavirus as grief. It resonated deeply with me and I found myself sharing it widely with others. I realized why the COVID-19 crisis felt familiar to me. Even though the circumstances are different, the process feels like the grief process.
I have felt tired, confused, disoriented and angry. I have felt sad and disbelieving. I have wondered about strange things that I think maybe shouldn’t matter. This is the grief process and it cannot be skipped or avoided. It is not enough to move our regular routines online and pretend as if nothing has happened. It doesn’t work that way.
My own experience with grief has taught me, that in a time of complete upheaval, the only way through it is through it. That means you can’t go around it, and you can’t avoid it. It also means you must name it."   Rev. Kristen Glass Perez
   Perhaps the spiritual sums up what is required of us.
Rock my soul in the bosom of Abraham,
Rock my soul in the bosom of Abraham,
Oh, rock my soul.

Too high, can't get over it
Too wide, can't get round it
Too deep, can't get under it
Gotta go through the door.


     The door is the door to the land of grief, and certainly there is much to grieve.
Takk for alt,
Al

No comments: