Saturday, April 25, 2020

Confession...

The Rev. Barbara Brown Taylor spent a portion of Good Friday planning her death. The Episcopal priest hopes to outline the music she would like to hear as her life comes to an end, the floral scent she hopes to smell and which of her 12 hand-pieced quilts she intends to hold.
Taylor is not ill, but at 68, she falls squarely into the age range especially vulnerable to COVID-19. So before Taylor spoke in virtual gatherings about death and resurrection last week, she had already prepared her advanced care directives, designated power of attorney over her affairs, and plans to be buried — near her parents and sister.
“Few people are up for this conversation,” said Taylor, a nationally known author who lives in Georgia. “You won’t believe how many people walk away from me when I bring this up.”

   I, too, am in "the age range especially vulnerable to COVID-19."   Power of attorney is in place, advance directives are on file and I want to buried with Joanne.  Planning the funeral service is not important to me, my survivors should do what is meaningful to them. Doing my obituary would be a gift to them.


Takk for alt,,

Al

No comments: