Thursday, April 23, 2020

Again? I Refuse...

   Seems a bit repetitive to do a book report. While Lisa was teaching me the finer points of accessing books from the Hennepin County Library to my Kindle app on my laptop, we needed a trial run. "Pick a book and give it a try" she said. Under that stricture I turned to Norwegian author, Per Petterson, and successfully down-loaded his latest book. Awhile back I'd read his Out Stealing Horses, followed by I Curse the River Of Time, both of which I appreciated.  The neighborhood book club discussion of Horses left the Lebanese participant scratching her head at Norwegian culture.
    Now, with I Refuse on my Kindle what was I going to do but read it? So I did. It's provocative and a little like Roy Jacobsen's style leaves much work for the reader to do. Two childhood friends split at age 17, and their lives bear little resemblance after that. The end was fascinating.
    For those who haven't read Petterson I'd suggest beginning with Horses and then River of Time. If you're taken with Petterson then move to I Refuse.  There are also two or three other books of his between River of Time and  I Refuse. 
    Again I have two books going. One is in hand read by daylight on the porch surrounded by 17(?) plants. The other book is on Kindle giving me the ability to read in low light. Could I ask for more?

Takk for alt,

Al,

Time for another random picture.
My congregation is doing a picture directory using submitted pictures. This was my submission.

1 comment:

KVaage said...

I love this picture!