Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Two weeks and.........

     Routine is a comfort to me. Life seems best when it is organized around regular routines. Now that I've lived here with Lisa for two weeks patterns have emerged.  Up between 6:00 and 7:00, Tyrgve and I circumnavigate the perimeter of St. Mary's Cemetery for a walk of a mile plus. Breakfast follows, then coffee with Minneapolis and Washington Post Papers.  This brings me to my daily vacuuming chores.  Reading time follows, currently a biography and a novel alternatively. A couple of telephone chats with family or friends, additional walks with Trygve brings me to dinner which Lisa and I share. If she's available in the evening we often play cards...she's teaching me cribbage.  So goes my days.  Bored? Not yet, anyway.  Good food, companionship, exercise with Trygve, good books, conversations with family and friends, sleeping well, good health...yes. I am richly blessed.
     So, as we wait out this pandemic, are you finding a rhythm to your days?  Do you consume all the news you can, or do  you selectively choose?  The former is my style primarily using the local paper and online sources such as The Washington Post, Huffington Post and The Economist, both print and online.
    I have an equanimity that both surprises and puzzles me, but, for which I am grateful. "Who me worry?" 😀

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: