Sunday, April 26, 2020

What day is it?

      In a recent conversation with a friend she said she had a very hard day tracking the days of the week. Without the customary markers she found it hard to remember which day it was. "Welcome to the reality of retirement" I said. "That's why I volunteered at school three days a week, so I'd know which day was which."
      Of course I still track the days of the week, if for no other reason than to keep up with my household chores. Tomorrow is Monday which is the day that I vacuum the main floor, etc. Lisa keeps a very neat and clean house so it makes her happy if I help
with that.
      Values from my home of origin live on in my life. One of those values is, that I should not be a burden. This is very important to me but I do not remember anything explicit teaching me that. It must have been in the cool aid. I must have drunk gallons of it. But, it's a handy way of being now that I've plunked down on Lisa.
       Tuesday it will be five weeks since I moved here. The time has gone quickly which is a gift and an indication that I'm not bored. Fortunate, that would be the word, very, very fortunate.

Takk for alt,

Al

Hoping the students are safe.



No comments: