Thursday, April 16, 2020

Another book bites the dust!

      Duh!!!  So, why did it take me many days to remember I have Kindle on my laptop, a Hennepin County Library membership and a back lighted computer screen. Reading after sunset is a breeze via laptop/Kindle. Well, whatever, my reading hours are extended and that's good.
     Having just finished another book that MJV sent me perhaps I should report on it. THE STORYTELLER'S SECRET, Segal Badani, is one of those "story worms" that will pop up in my mind for a long time to come. An American woman of Indian descent travels to India in search of  family's past and to know herself. She's a writer and discovers that her late grandmother was also a writer in a context that did not value her gift. MJV writes about it "The imagery of a storyteller and the lasting impact of stories and the desire to write down those stories is an appealing one....We are in many ways a compilation of our stories that affect us....The New York Journal of books notes: 'The Storyteller's Secret is lavishly told tale of secrets, love, and loyalty. It is a celebration of the beauty of story and its ability to help us be heard and understood.'"
    The book was educational, entertaining, inspiring and moving. Yes, I recommend it. It would be an excellent choice for a book club discussion.

     Often I've said "So many good books, so little time."   Now I just say "So many good books." 😊

Takk for alt,

Al
I'm grieving that when I go back to teach in Thailand it will not be in this funky, old, wooden building.

No comments: