Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Such is life.

    Three weeks have passed quickly. When Lisa remarked that it was three weeks yesterday since I arrived at her abode I was surprised.  Time passes quickly which is a clue that I'm not bored.  Good eyesight, the love of reading and access to good books is a great gift. Day times I read by natural light and at night I turn to kindle. Currently I have three books going; a biography and two novels. As a junior in high school when our family got TV, I never learned how to watch it. Lisa doesn't have a TV which is fine with me. On the other hand, I do rely on the internet. The cell phone is also a blessing so I can connect with family and friends...and I do everyday.
     Living in a comfortable little cocoon, as I do, is surreal, as all about me large numbers of people are in dire straits. Tempted to plunge in and help I'm restrained by the reality that I'm helping by cocooning. Isn't that weird?  One of my friend's congregation does a monthly community meal. So, last night they gave out 180 meals to people who drove through their parking lot. It was a meal in a sack with a choice of chicken, ham or cheese sandwich, bag of carrots,  fruit cup, two homemade cookies, a bag of potato chips and a bottle of water. It was well advertised and given with no strings attached. Makes me happy just thinking about it.
    How are you faring?  There is so much for which I'm thankful. Of course I wonder about the future and how this will change things. Expecting an "end" is probably unrealistic.

Takk for alt,

Al
Easter view from the front door.

The view from my reading chair. Lisa has a green thumb.

No comments: