Thursday, December 27, 2018

12/27/2018 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Al Negstad — 30 minutes ago
    Excerpts from I Wait by Craig Moscetti

     "....So, bring on the joy!
     I can't be bothered with waiting
     For a restaurant table,
     My delivery order,
     A bus or train,
     A response to my email
     Or my Starbucks mocha latte with extra foam.
     I mean, 'Isn't there an app for that?
     Ya know, the kind where someone else waits for me?'
      (Side note: there is.)

      "Yet, each time, in a blaze of excitement, I fire off, 'I can't wait!'
       God quips back, 'Oh, yes you can!'
       The ultimate, inconvenient reminder that
       He doesn't accept any amount of waiting currency,
       No matter how much I
       Amassed and stored in my souls vault.

       "....Life is, after all,
       The ultimate game of waiting.
       Awkward at times,
       And filled with fear, and an unknown path ahead. 
       But outsource our waiting?
       
       "Or
       Step into it,
       Greet the discomfort,
       Gulp down the unknown,
       Inhale the silence,
       And dine with fear.

       "It feeds and nourishes,
        It prompts the hardest questions
        Of our self.
        Because in the stillness of waiting,
        Away from our Facebook feed and shopping sprees,
        Our non-stop phone alerts and Netflix binges,
        Our overbooked days and restless nights,
        We can hear our heart thump,
        And sense the trickle of water
        Between our toes.
          
       "So,
       We................wait,
       We................wait."
         
  
      "Step into it,
       Greet the discomfort,
       Gulp down the unknown,
       Inhale the silence,
       And dine with fear."      

           I take this to be a poetic way of saying "If you can't get out of it, get into it."  There is the lesson for life.  Life happens to those who will engage!  

Blessings,

Al

No comments: