Monday, December 10, 2018

12/10/2018 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Al Negstad — 33 minutes ago
It is done and I am glad!  All that early angst about decorating for Christmas or not, may have been helpful.  It led to the creation of a plan that worked to perfection.  Moving around the condo today I'm glad it is prepped for Advent/Christmas.  Looking around me brings back memories of Christmases past but also of the fun yesterday when the decorating happened.
     Part of the decision to decorate for the season also included a plan to invite people in so that the decorating is not only for me.  Thus, I invited C & H last night for wine, cheese and conversation.  Tomorrow night I have six guests coming for dinner.   This will be a first for me but I had 50+ years of observing and helping Joanne, who was the hostess with the 'mostess'.  Perhaps I learned a few things.
    Of course there will be some rough spots in this holiday journey but I no longer dread it.  Christmas can be celebrated in the land of grief and properly understood speaks to the pain of the presence of absence. 


Blessings,


Al

Picture:  Table set for company, only awaiting Christmas napkins.

No comments: