Sunday, December 9, 2018

12/9/18 Caring Bridge

Journal entry by Al Negstad — 19 minutes ago
    Having lived as many decades as I have there have been many experiences that have not lived up to their billing.  Anticipating an event fills the heart with hope and expectation.  The the event happens and one can sing along with Peggy Lee on her 1969 song, "Is That All There Is?"  Ah...just another letdown in a life filled with them.
    Then,in contrast, there was today.  Accepting the offer of help decorating for Christmas turned, what could have been a maudlin trip in the land of grief, into a fun event.  The granddaughters decorated the tree as quickly as I could unwrap the ornaments.  Two adults, with artistic sense, took the lead in decorating the rooms.  The decorating was quickly accomplished and my task of happily directing traffic was much more fun than moping over my grief at facing Christmas without Joanne.  The event was topped off with a shared meal...I am so grateful.
     The family had scarcely departed when my invited guests, C & H, came for wine and cheese.  Yes, my plan was to decorate with help and then entertain.  Even in the land of grief life can be good. 


Blessings Al

Decorating pictures.
  •  

No comments: