Sunday, January 15, 2017

Well That was Interesting!

   Being a techie Luddite I travel to Thailand relying on the computers I find when I arrive.  Everyone else is carrying their own computer in one form or another.  The guesthouse  (hotel) where I stay no longer has a computer in the lobby for public use.  The various social media platforms I use assume I'm tech savvy so their security process expects me to have a phone in my possession, to which, they can send a code to unlock my accounts.  Bad assumption!  My smart phone is with me but being a certified cheapskate I only use it when I get free access to wireless.
   The little Samsung cell phone I use for calling within Thailand, and also to America, relies on a "sim card" which I purchase on arrival and insert in the phone.  Every sim card has has its one unique number, therefore, I cannot use it as a recipient of  a security code.  A wise family member advises me that its time for me to carry my own computer in some mode.
     Perhaps you're wondering how this message is being generated.  I'm with "my family" in Ayutthaya now and using their computer.  Here I was able to navigate the security maze and with Poe's help I now can access my accounts.  Now that I finally have access expect a flurry of posts.
   

No comments: