Sunday, January 22, 2017

The Rest Of the Story...

      "Where is the mini-bus to Ayutthaya?"  was my fruitless mantra trying to get here a week ago. Friday I boarded the mini-bus in Ayutthaya for an R & R in Bangkok.  As we approached the city I noticed that the route was different. I heard a woman behind me say "The bus stops at a bus station." Perhaps I should correct her I thought; "there's no station just a side street by the Democracy Monument", but I held my peace.
     Eventually we pulled into a huge bus station with hundreds of buses...a place I'd never seen before and obviously the terminus of our trip.  "Well this is interesting," I thought, 'I wonder where we are?" Glad I'd kept my mouth shut when the woman had mentioned a station, I grabbed my bag and headed for the gate, hailed a taxi and continued on my way.
    The buses have been moved from Democracy Monument to this station at Mo Chit.  That's why I never found one on my way to Ayutthaya.  The Skytrain doesn't run to Mo Chit so now I taxi back and forth to the guesthouse.  It actually shortens the time a bit because the station is near the expressway which means less congested traffic.

My School
No OSHA rules, construction worker on wall.


Food delivery, Bangkok.

Broom/brush seller.

Beer sign, maybe why the accident rate is so high?

No comments: