Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Finally, I'm warm!

   It's funny how quickly the memory of 30 hours of travel fade once a destination is reached.  The biggest disappointment was not getting to fly on Eva Air's (Taiwan) Hello Kitty plane, though I did see it parked at the gate...also missed the Hello Kitty concourse.  For some reason I slept most of the way over the Pacific...perhaps because it was during my usual sleeping hours? thanks to a long lay over in San Francisco.
   I'm settled in the Christian Guesthouse which no longer has public computers but I found a use able internet cafe nearby.  Most internet cafes cater to teenage boys playing computer games...not this one and the computer is reasonable.
   A bright moon welcomed me to Bangkok last night and this morning it feels about 80 degrees.  Need to get a sim card for my phone so I can connect with my peeps.  A new security law means that I have to bring my passport to get the card.  I've already had a haircut and beard trim...definition of trust:  allowing a strange man in a foreign land shave your adam's apple with a straight razor.
    I'll spend a couple of nights here in Bangkok and then travel to Ayutthaya.  It seems "my family", i.e., the one with whom I'll stay for the 7th year, have some sort of outing planned for the weekend. Fitting into my mantra "all will be revealed" in due time.  Meeting my students Monday will be a rush.

1 comment:

Steve C said...

Glad you made it! Looking forward to your adventures via the BlogSpot.