Monday, January 30, 2017

Arrival?

     It was a first.  At school,until today, I'd been met with the instruction "Today you will teach (blank) and (blank)."  But today the question was "Who will you teach today?"   I told them my intentions and they said "good."  Does this mean that I've arrived?
    Having some rudimentary Thai does make teaching more fun.  I'll say a word, phrase or question in Thai and they will respond with the English equivalent.  They often help me with the Thai pronunciation and have many good laughs at my attempts to say it correctly.  Each time I mispronounce they all repeat it in unison, and, with each failure on my part, the volume of their correct pronunciation intensifies.  The result is much laughter but I keep learning.
Not the tallest but an interesting building for Noble 5th grade. In Bangkok..

Thai children posing at Chinese New Year's.

2nd floor walkway in front of classrooms.

Ten and five year old girls wait with  me.

No comments: