Monday, January 13, 2014

Back at School.

   The warm welcome from students and teachers included an opportunity for me address them all, via a translator, at their morning assembly.  It was my first introduction to the third grade class so I'm leaning new names/faces,
   I also taught 4th grade today and I remembered most of their names.  It was heartening to see that they remembered much of the vocabulary I taught last year.  Based on my experience learning Thai I've concluded that one of the best things I can do for them is teach vocabulary with pronunciation.  I've found that with my Thai vocabulary (limited) I can negotiate fairly well even if I can't construct sentences.
   One of the families from the school brought a special lunch as a treat today...pasta salad.  The teachers politely thanked the family and as soon as the family left sent students to buy Thai food from the street vendors.
"I Spy" question for Nobles students...what is this?

"I Spy" for Noble showing school and Monday uniforms.

No comments: