Monday, January 13, 2014

A Gift From China.

   A jacket would have been welcome on my 20 minute motorbike ride to school this morning. A cool breeze from China made it very pleasant, however, the teachers were complaining about the cold.  In his morning address to the students the principal told them that Mr. Al was used to the cold because he came from a cold country but they should wear coats...many had either coats or sweaters.  How cold?...perhaps 65 with a predicted high of 85.
   The rule that school girls must have their hair cut shortly below the ears has been changed to allow any length. Now a majority have long hair which is much favored by women in Thailand.  The rule on boys hair has also been relaxed but I don't see any difference with the boys at Wat Klong.
  There is big difference in numbers between classes.  The 5th grade is the largest with 23 students and the 6th is the smallest with 6, 3 girls and 3 boys. 15 per class would be about average.  This is considered a medium sized school.
   Here are some "I Spy" pictures for Noble School students.
"I Spy" The frying pan in the back with the indentations are as close as I could get to waffles.

"I Spy" What is this woman doing?

"I Spy" Why is this motorcyclist wearing a vest? 

"I Spy" Why does this man have a sewing machine on the street?

No comments: