Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The object of show and tell.

Max picked me from school Monday and said "We go............................. OK? Not having a clue what she said other than that above I smiled, nodded and waited with curiosity to see where we'd go. After a fairly lengthy ride in the motor bike we stopped, took off our helmets and went inside. It turns out that I was the object of "show and tell" at her company. She is a masseuse and she wanted my to meet her colleagues. There was much conversation about 10% of which was translated for me but it seemed I passed muster.
Living here is good practice in letting go. Much of the time I don't fully understand what is being offered but I go with the flow. It's really kind of fun...many surprise endings.

1 comment:

AmyG said...

That is a lot of what my trips to Asia have been like - though I always have a research agenda with data I'm supposed to be collecting. The more trips I did, the less I argued with the in-country folks, and the more I just got on the back of the moto to see who I got to talk to next. :)