Friday, January 21, 2011

Last Day in Thailand

With reports of sub zero temps. at home and the predicted high of 90 here in Bangkok today I'm not sure I'm quite ready for that change. Maybe I'll just go sit in the Sun today and see if I can soak it up. No matter how cold there's no place like home and it will be good to be there and see the Curmudgeonette et al.

It has been very helpful to have this time here to maintain old relationships and to build some new ones. I asked the teachers to give some help next year in focusing my teaching. They were very affirmative about that. However, there is that Asian practice of being agreeable without anything changing.
It is clear to me what I can do in preparation for more effectively teaching 3rd and 4th grades. What I've been doing works quite well with 5th and 6th. When I have my doubts I console myself with the thought that at least it may be of some value for them to hearing me speak English. They do respond well to the drilling I do on individual sounds that are not a part of the Thai language.

No comments: