Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Good decision!

When I first arrived at my Thai family I decided I would give honest responses of my like/dislike of the food I was offered. That turned out to be a very good decision. I wanted to avoid saying I liked something when I did not and then face it at every subsequent meal. The family watched my face every time I tasted something new and I let my face honestly reflect my experience. I even tried the things that they told me I wouldn't like and they were right. An example of food I didn't like was bitters. They were branches with leaves and berries and they were bitter!
One reoccurring menu item were omelette's and they were the best I'd ever eaten. It, too, like everything else was eaten over steamed rice. Things that I particularly favored would appear on the menu more frequently.

No comments: