Thursday, February 19, 2009

Just when you think.......

My teaching is down to one class, 5th, left for tomorrow. When I completed the 6th today I announced that it would be my last. A girl, with a little prompting from the teacher, stood and thanked me from the class and said the class was sad I was leaving. Then, these uber-cool 6th graders, all came up to shake my hand, walk me to lunch and pose for pictures with me. Just yesterday they didn't want me to take their picture. Just when you think you haven't reached them they respond like that. The teacher also said goodbye because she's taking the 6th grade camping tomorrow. She was very kind and gave me a beautiful hand painted cup and saucer.
While teaching I noticed a thermometer so sauntered over to take a peek while I taught gender. It was only 88 degrees so it must be the humidity, though it was almost 100 here yesterday afternoon.

No comments: