Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Enough food poisoning already!

When the Thai teacher leaves the room the Kindergarten class behaves differently. That was one learning this morning. The students don't understand English and I don't know their names; a situation that makes discipline difficult. They continue to parrot everything I say.
The 5th grade class can communicate in English, though there is great individual difference between the students. Some are quite able and others show little ability. I don't know how far I got with teaching them the use of a question mark, but I tried.
Being the dedicated teacher I am I timed this latest bout of food poisoning so I didn't miss teaching. I was sick, and I mean sick, from noon until 8pm, slept until 6:30am, got up did my lesson plans, ate breakfast and taught two classes. Where's my gold star?

2 comments:

dwatland said...

I'll give you a gold star!

Anonymous said...

Hey Al - sounds like you are going well - and over obstacles as well - i'll give you a gold star!! however teachers normally give them out not get them (or maybe that's just in Australia) - have just about caught up on everything and got used to sleeping without the rooster/dog noises - it's hot here, although not as humid as Thailand - hope you are well - are you going to teach next week?

Liz