Monday, August 19, 2024

Logging

      Logging?😁 Well that's a joke. In fact I did cut many cedar trees today but seedlings hardly count as logs! With the grass cut and baled, the chicks and ducklings hatched, Kaia and I again have access to the fields. It's a never ending task to remove the invasive cedars from the native grassland.

    It's my own fault. It was I who planted cedars for wildlife protection. They just proliferate berries which become bird food and the birds distribute the seeds. Wither cutting cedars or picking rocks I rationalize the activity as better than a gym membership. It's more profitable and it's outside.

   One fact about the cedars is that they are often found in groups. Why? Perhaps particular soils make it advantages for germination?  Wondering, without an answer.

Takk for alt,

Al

                       The view this morning.


No comments: