Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Appropriate!

      He's his mother's son! Lars gave me an early birthday present for my Iowa trip. It is a t-shirt proudly emblazoned INTROVERTS UNITE SEPARTELY IN YOUR OWN HOMES. Joanne would be proud and I'll gladly wear it. It goes nicely with the t-shirt Jo gave me BOOKS: HELPING INTROVERTS AVOID CONVERSATION SINCE 1454, 😀 

    Susan Cain's book Quiet: The Power of Introverts In A World That Can't Stop Talking did a great service in the appreciation of the gifts of introverts. It helped me understand myself. For example, it explained why I avoid movies. Many, most?, of them are too intense.

   Remember the definition of an introvert. An introvert is one who gains energy from being alone. Joanne, the ultimate extrovert, was energized by being with others. One's not better than the other, each has unique gifts, they are just different.

Takk for alt,

Al 



No comments: