Friday, May 10, 2024

Patiently? waiting!

     What is your experience of waiting for a repair person to come?  The dispatcher when called yesterday for tire repair thought the repair truck may make it today. It's 2:00 pm and no luck yet. Meanwhile I'm mostly patient though the wet weather through which I've waited ups the ante. After waiting weeks for the fields to dry now that they are dry enough waiting for tire repair does challenge my patience. 

    For wildlife planting there is sufficient time. However, after relatively idle days while waiting for the soil to dry I'm keen for the activity. With nesting season in full swing for pheasants and ducks I'm reluctant to allow Kaia to run in grasslands.  It's best not to risk her disturbing the birds as they nest. That also limits cedar pruning and rock picking.

    The real issue in waiting for repair persons is loss of control. Most of us relish control and the schedule of the repair person denies us that control. Perhaps it's best thought of as moral exercise, and no doubt, my morals can use the exercising.

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: