Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Sheds

           When you think of sheds what comes to mind? Perhaps an outbuilding on a farmstead. The caller, identified as from 605 the South Dakota area code, had a request. "When the snow's gone may I do shed hunting on your land?"  Does he want to find a building? If so he's out of luck becasue all those sheds are gone. Nope, he was seeking permission to search for antlers the deer have shed. 

       That's one entrance to my property that I'm happy to grant. A few years ago a shed antler pierced the large, rear tire on my tractor. Perhaps this hunter will pick up a shed that otherwise would flatten a tire. Why does he want them? Sheds are a collectors item. There are several in my shop that I've found in the field. 

Takk for alt,

Al

           The Little House picture in a year where there was snow.


No comments: