Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Happy National Pancake Day!

     In honor of National Pancake Day the OFH offered a complimentary pancake breakfast is the dining room, Served buffet style, as Ed guessed, it was an 'all you can eat' event because few inmates came. After getting my cakes I sat down at table for six next to the lone woman seated. The table soon filled with four more, three of whom were previously unknown to me. One of the women had only been here two days.

    The woman who was first at the table had a fascinating story about lived for seventeen years in a remote area of Liberia. Her husband was a medical doctor at a hospital there. They were there at the time of the revolution and escaped with their lives but nothing else.

    There are many interesting persons here. Next door to my apartment is a retired philosophy professor from St. Thomas University. A regular participant in the veteran's group was a NASA scientist. Next door to me, on the other side, are Greg and Sally. He was a drama teacher in the University of Wisconsin System and she was a church secretary in an ELCA congregation.

Takk for alt,

Al

For many years I volunteered at Noble Academy, a Hmong charter school. Often I accompanied school trips and this photo was taken at Valley Fair. The students were always well behaved and I got to ride the roller coasters.


No comments: