Sunday, February 4, 2024

Progress?

     This morning one of the readers of this blog, Nancy, told me she's ordered Jon Fosse's Septology. The other reader said she's not ready to read it. That's progress in my missionary endeavor to increase readership...50% of my readers!😀 

    In the shopping heart of the Highland Park neighborhood of St Paul, where the OFH is located, is a Half Price Bookstore. Yesterday's research showed they had no copies of either Hamsun or Fosse. There was one copy of Roy Jacobsen's The Unseen, the first of four books in his 'Ingrid series'. 

   In two relocations, first from the Golden Valley House to downtown and then from there to the OFH, much stuff was shed. Frequently I've remarked that I don't miss any of it. Now a caveat. Most of Knut Hamsun's books were on my shelf. Since learning the Fosse received the Noble Prize re-reading Hamsun's The Growth Of The Soil, for which he received the Nobelappeals. If I had it I'd add it to the stack of books that await reading. I see that Goodreads has it on Kindle for $2.99. With my recent end to a subscription to Parnassus First Edition Book Club I think I will afford it.

Takk for alt,

Al



1 comment:

Sharon & Mark Stime said...

What about us???