Monday, February 26, 2024

A Poet's Comment

     Today, at coffee with poet and author, I recommended a novel that also contained poetry. When I said "I didn't understand the poetry" the poet replied "you're not supposed to." He went on to explain that if you understand the poetry you're then in a position to critique it. If you don't understand then you have no basis for criticism. That's an interesting concept that goes far to explain much of my experience with poetry.

   The coffee shop has a daily trivial question that stumped me. "What is a baby rabbit called? The answer is not 'bunny' as I guessed. 😀 The correct answer is 'kit'. The poet said 'leveret' but that's a baby hare. Two learnings on the same day. But there was a grammatical error in the internet article about baby hares/ It said..."they are left alone in the day, laying in place." No they are lying in place.

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: