Friday, December 29, 2023

What now?

     In recent conversation about this blog a friend asked if it's difficult to write a daily blog,  I said it is on those days when a subject does not suggest itself. Often there is material at hand and then the writing come easier...today is one of those days with a question about what to write.

    Recently I've been reflecting on my international travels. They really added up without me giving them much thought. The recent one to Greece was my first trip since returning early from Thailand in 2020 becasue of COVID.  It was my second trip to Greece. Doing was much more my thing than recording so to determine exactly the international travel I'll need to do some research.

   While I was in the Marines we were stationed on Okinawa, technically a prefecture of Japan. We also spent time on the main island of Japan for cold weather training. For some weeks we were ashore in the Philippines and we made port of call in Hong Kong. Shipping from America to Okinawa we made a stop in Hawaii but that's not foreign.

   In South America I was in Argentina and Peru. In North America visits were to Canada and Mexico. Africa accounts for two more countries when we climbed Kilimanjaro, Kenya and Tanzania. Five times I've visited Norway. On our Baltic cruise we visited Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Russia and Finland. Joanne and I travelled in Romania and also Hungary and Austria. We also spent some days in France.  Intending to visit Belgaum we spent a week in the Netherlands. 

    Then there's SE Asia...20 times maybe? There I've been to Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam most of them several times. Once I went to Australia. So six of the seven continents have been visited. Sometime I'll try to count the trips to SE Asia.

   Perhaps it is time I stay home.😁

Takk for alt,

Al


                            Joanne in Budapest in 2008.

No comments: