Friday, August 19, 2022

"The Gift Of Rain"

       The Gift of Rain, is a book I enjoyed reading twice. Partly because it was set in Panang, Malaysia, a city I'd visited. The visit came when I was travelling from Bangkok to Singapore. At the time it was newly possible to reserve hotel rooms online. The hotel I chose in Panang offered a room for $10.00, or $20.00 if you wanted single occupancy. 😁 Being a big spender I took the $20.00 option.

     Today at The Little House it rained from 11:00-2:00, and now, 3:00, it's beginning again. Yes, the gift of rain which is much needed. The derecho that struck in May damaged the center pivot irrigation units near here. After a long wait for parts they are in use again. Much damage has been done to the crops by lack of moisture but irrigating will still have some benefit.

     My mother's family, the Berghs, are holding a reunion beginning today. Consequently Kaia is off to doggy camp, aka, a kennel in Brookings. The Little House is certainly quiet without her. 

Takk for alt,

Al


                  The late Lloyd Hope is number 13.

No comments: