Monday, August 15, 2022

Four in a row!

     Two of the four are already in place, two more will be coming. Today Lloyd was interred next to his wife, Judy, who died in 2002. Wayne died a couple of years ago. Wayne, Lloyd and I were classmates for 12 years. Mark joined us for a year of high school. We  met at age three in Sunday School. We were all Sunday School classmates and were confirmed together.

   Perhaps I am the only one to reflect on the symbolism of four peers lining up near each other in the cemetery. I find it of some comfort, this community in death, that we had in life. Often in conversation with Lloyd we'd remember incidents from our elementary school experience with Wayne. Wayne, driving from the farm to his home in Brookings, would often stop at my shop on the main street of  Sinai to chat. 

    Each category of loss, parent, spouse, child, sibling, brings its peculiar form of grief. So, too, the death of peers has its own unique grief. Lloyd held memories of me that no one else had and so I of him. His death is another signifcant loss in the land of grief.

Takk for alt.,

Al

No comments: