Monday, August 8, 2022

Family and Friends!

    Long time readers of this missive will recognize that one of its themes is family and friends. Time spent in the OFH is always an opportunity to connect with family and friends. Multiple daily appointments fills my cup. Family and friends were critical in my healing during my journey of grief. Joanne was usually correct but she was wrong about one thing. She feared I'd become an isolated recluse after her death. She was led astray on that issue by comparing me with her.  She, as the ultimate extrovert, and I, with my introversion seemed to her destined to be a recluse. 

   The OFH is a great place for me. Friends and aquaintences are available in the building. Yet, when I want to be alone, I just repair to my apartment. Likewise it would have been great for Joanne. She'd have 300 new friends by now and she'd attend almost everything. Me? "Why would I go to that?" 😁

Takk for alt,

Al


                   School lunch in Thailand.

No comments: