Friday, August 26, 2022

Reunion!

       Three of us went to the threshing show today near Madison, S.D. called Prairie Village. There were hundreds of tractors on display. Out of all those tractors I spotted one that I sold a few years ago. It is 1955 Minneapolis Moline GB. It had different rear tires, not the mismatched ones that were on it when I owned it. It was sold on Sinai Firemen's consignment auction and the buyer told me it was going to Prairie Village. That was a happy reunion. 

       When I returned to Sinai after my discharge from the Marines I had a conversation with the late Albert Erstad, a local farmer. Albert was a veteran of WW I, and he had a lively sense of humor. He said "Military life is very easy so it's an adjustment to civilian life. So just sit in a rocking chair on the porch and after a week you can rock a little." 😁 That conversation came to mind with the comic strip below.


Takk for alt,

Al


At Prairie village....


                                              In my shop...
PS A reader asked what I do with the rocks. Some go in a rock pile, some on the road over the dam I drive across and some in the breach of another dam. A muskrat tunneled the dam and water running through it breached the dam. It's scheduled to be repaired soon.

No comments: