Sunday, August 14, 2022

Nothing to see here...move along!

      There are moments writing this blog when I have nothing worth reporting that both of you readers might be interested in reading. This might be one of those moments. Though that will change as I'm expecting distinguished company from Iowa this week.

    Ed and I shared three years of Marine Corps experience...that's about a life time isn't it?  Then 18 years after my discharge from the Marines seperated us, I got posted to Davenport, IA. Davenport is 25 miles from Ed's farm near Calamus. That was one of those fortuitous events that profoundly changes life direction. Not only were our children, Ed's and mine, about the same age, our spouses bonded. Joanne and Mary Jane, Ed's wife, became extremely close. Reader's of this blog may remember me refrencing books from MJV...that's Mary Jane.

    Ed snd Mary Jane are coming for a quick visit. Mary Jane is keen to pay homage to Joanne at her grave. Ed, as a real farmer, has interest in my land and antique machinery. Besides Ed, MaryJane and I really like each other 😉. This is their chance to see The Little House, Sinai, Brookings Co, etc. and Lake Joanne...not to mention Lake Sinai. With such distinguished company it's important to convene the family, which will be done.

Takk for alt,

Al


                          Guess what?

No comments: