Thursday, October 10, 2019

Snug Inside

     The calendar I keep of visitors to The Little House shows my last visit ended on August 28!  No wonder if felt like a long time...it was a long time. It's good I came because my dehumidifier died. It was early death at age 3, R.I.P.  I'll leave a bit of heat one and get a new one in the spring.
    Trygve and I got our chores done in the wind driven rain. The Norwegians have a saying; "There is no bad weather, only bad clothing." If this is true my clothing is bad because I got wet. It wouldn't be so bad if I'd at least shrink. But, I don't, I just get cold. Yet. there's a bit of satisfaction in persevering. Yes, I did tend Joanne's grave in the rain, though admittedly, I did n't linger long and I know she would understand.
    It's incredibly wet here. Roads under water, fields flooded, basements leaking and the totally saturated ground testifies to the excessive rain. Driving home from dinner with the family this evening there were snow flurries...so it begins.
    This will be a very brief visit but still meaningful. Just being on the prairie is therapeutic. My chores took me on foot over some of the native sod I'm working to restore to native grasses. It is heartening to see those grasses being re-established.

Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: