Wednesday, October 23, 2019

"How are you doing?"

   That question is most often asked by those who do not read my blog. As, Tom, has told me "Because I read  your blog, I don't have to ask." A friends often says to me "You have a big life." Size is not my usual measure of life. I don't know about that, quality is more often my measure and I say "I have a good life."  It's a life of many blessings. It's a life with a hole in it caused by Joanne's death. It's a life with joy, pleasure, meaning and opportunity in spite of Joanne's absence. What I learned from Joanne continues to enrich this life in the land of grief.
    When I answer "how are you doing" I'm likely to say "I'm doing as well as I could hope, given my loss." Relationships have carried me through. Family and friends have been with me on this journey and, one of the blessings from this blog, has been a virtual community who have grieved Joanne's death and accompanied me on the way. There are so many to whom I owe a deep debt of gratitude.


Takk for alt,

Al

No comments: