Thursday, October 31, 2019

Blessings abound!

    Joanne was the queen of "staying in touch".  Hopefully some of that rubbed off on me, though it did not come naturally. With a cousin living with her husband in Canby, Mn., it's easy for me to stop off for dinner with them on my way to The Little House. Since their sons died in an airplane crash 5 years ago I've tried to do it regularly.  Last night we had a meal with good conversation at a cafe in Canby. After dinner I headed south on Hwy 75, and a half mile south of the Porter corner I had a meeting with a dear.
   There was only flash of fur as the deer ran out of the ditch, committing suicide by automobile. With the radiator punctured the car was undriveable. The impact wasn't sufficient to activate the airbags.  Cousin to the rescue, they picked me up, brought me back to meet the tow truck driver, gave me bed and breakfast, fed Trygve and took me to Marshall this morning to get a rental car...which had a very interesting twist.
     Evidence that I should not be living without adult supervision: my insurance policy doesn't include a rental car  😒...dumb. The claims agent told me they could get me a discount at a car rental place (un-named for a reason you'll soon see). This morning my cousin fed me a hot breakfast and then drove me to Marshall to rent a car.  As I was explaining my need for a car to the rental agent we were settling on a rental for $43. per day. When I mentioned that I did not have rental car insurance she asked "which body shop?"  I said "Abra." She said "They have a loaner, do you want me to call them to see if it's available?" "Yes, please." "It is for $1.00 and a copy of your drivers license." !!!!!!
    How kind is that???   So the agent gives up a sale and gets me into a loaner for a dollar! WOW! As I was leaving the body shop I said "I'll call you from Miami." She said "Take me with."  Oh, yes, there was one request "We only ask you bring it back with as much gas as it has when you take it."  I'm so grateful I plan to leave it with an extra gallon. 😃😃


Takk for alt

Al
Uffda


No comments: