Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Little House On The Prairie

   The Little House On The Prairie has been sadly neglected.  It was bit of brain failure on my part. During the summer months I tend to visit the earlier part of the week. In that mode I scheduled a number of things for Thursdays and Fridays these last weeks. The synapse that didn't fire was the one that should have remembered in the fall I volunteer at school Monday-Wednesday. The result was no time for S.D.  The Portugal trip also meant time away from The Little House.
    So, now back from Portugal and my week at school finished, I can go. Then the weather predictions are for snow beginning Friday. 😟 There are some things I really need to do and among them is to check on the House, given all the rain. So I have plan, leave early tomorrow for a 24 hour trip.
     Part of my distress at being away is not visiting Joanne's grave. Her burial there, with the marker in place, is a significant comfort to me. What it all means is beyond my ability to articulate but her presence there in a location where I have deep roots is very important to me. Rain or not I'll tend her grave tomorrow and, perhaps, make up for my time away.

Takk for alt,

Al
Poster on the wall of the museum of Jose Saramago, Nobel Prize Winner for literature. This is in Lisbon and one third of him is buried there, another third where he lived and another where he ws born.

No comments: