Sunday, December 18, 2011

Thailand trip plans.

Perhaps I was asleep at the switch, but, whatever, I was late making my frequent flier reservations for my trip to Thailand. Coming back was not problem but to find a free flight out I have to leave on Christmas Day...very early! Flight time is 6:00am via United to Chicago to catch an Aisiana Airlines plane to Bangkok via Seoul Korea. This will be the first time that I'm not flying either Northwest or Delta through Tokyo. I think of it as another adventure.
This flight schedule will get me to Thailand several days before I can begin teaching on January 3. What to do? Unless another more creative thought strikes me I'll probably hang out at Christian Guesthouse in Bangkok. The wonderful tropical heat and humidity will allow my shoulders to un-cramp after hunching against the December cold in Minnesota.
The big question, 'what will I find after the flood?' will not really get answered until I get to Ayutthaya on January 1. Central Bangkok, in which the Christian Guesthouse is located, was not flooded. While in Thailand I'll update this blog regularly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your blogs...........always enjoy your travels!