Thursday, December 29, 2011

Riding the River

A ride on the Chao Phraya river via river taxi, while always entertaining, didn't reveal much obvious flood damage. It was apparent the river had been over it's banks and still is higher than I've ever seen it. The fancy hotels at river's edge have their swimming pools open.
An article in the Bangkok Post this week told of Honda Motor Co., crushing 1200 new cars that were caught in the flood. Ayutthaya is at the heart of Thailand's industrial area. The flooding swamped it all. A shortage of micro chips is expected because much of the world's supply comes from this area.
At noon today (Friday) I'll leave BKK for Ayutthaya. It's been unseasonal cool here with temps. in the 60s at night. Perhaps it will warm up for me in Ayutthaya where I sleep on the floor and do not have a/c.

1 comment:

Tom von Fischer said...

So I spose you'll be augmenting your brain with some of those soon-to-be-hard-to-find microchips?