Friday, December 23, 2011

Packing bags.........

The large gun metal grey Samsonite suitcase I bought at a 2nd hand store for $5.00 is packed full of books and school supplies. Also included are almost 50 letters from Noble Academy 50th graders. I'll leave the suitcase and supplies there.
Those letters and the replies will be the focus of much of English Teaching. I'll invite the Thai students to include their mailing addresses on the letters I carry back. Perhaps it will initiate a pen pal relationship. Kathy W. also gave me cassette tape recorder that I can use as a tool to help the students as they learn to speak English. Trial and error with some good coaching from people like Kathy are helping me to gradually figure out how to help the students with their English.
A brief email from the English teacher at 'my' school said that they're all fine. I do wonder if some students will have left during the flood, or.....?

No comments: