Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What is it about 5th grade?

Today I taught 5th grade at Wat Salapoon. The English teacher was a no show but that didn't matter. I'm having the same positive experience with this 5th grade as I had with the one last year. The fifth graders I had last year I have now in 6th and it's not the same. Maybe 5th is sweet year. They're not old enough for an attitude but old enough to know some English.
Sixth grade honor students at Wat Salapoon wear a badge with no apparent embarrassment.
The four volunteers who showed up Sunday have left me alone again. One opted for the offered two night home stay and the other three decided to go to Bkk. I think they were a bit put off by the lackadaisical welcome and temple tour they received. Everyone will be back Sunday. Two of the volunteers from NY work for UBS Bank which is sponsoring their volunteering.

No comments: